This Parnell icon and Historic Places Trust designated building was built in 1858, set back slightly from its current position on Parnell Road. A few years later it was rebuilt on its current location after a major fire destroyed the Parnell Road façade. The main building consists of a two storeyed rectangle structure, built of brick surrounded by light weight timber framing. In later life it has been occupied as a bar and restaurant, with a garden bar and events venue at the rear of the building. It was first strengthened to (>67% NBS) in 1998 by Lake Engineering Consultants Ltd and work commenced on restrengthening it to (>100% NBS) in 2013. This was unfinished when the building was sold in 2015 because of the need to maintain the business operations on the ground floor.